What is the Stop Motion Competition?
Japan Brickfest is looking for talented Brickfilm and CG film makers who are interested in entering our Stop Motion Film Competition.
Stop motion refers to the process of taking lots of photos and connecting them together to create an animated film. This competition also includes CG films that feature a similar look to a stop motion film.
Successful applicants will have their films screened in a theatre during Japan Brickfest where viewers will vote for the best film. This year viewers will receive a program that includes the names of the films and a voting ballot. They will mark their vote on this ballot and put it in a white box when leaving the theatre.
Winners will be announced on the 9th (Sunday) in the Black Box Theatre, as well as on the official Japan Brickfest Twitter and Facebook accounts.
This competition is free to join and anyone is welcome to enter.
- Screenings: To be announced
- Where: Theater, Canadian Academy
- Registration Deadline: 2019/5/7 (Tuesday) 23:59 (Japan Standard Time)
Who can join?
This competition is open to everyone. You do not have to attend Japan Brickfest 2019 to enter. It is also open to international film makers who wish to share their work at our event.
How to Enter
Interested in joining the 2019 Stop Motion Competition? Please fill out this form!
Please submit your film by May 7th, 2019 at 23:59 (Japan Standard Time).
Limited to one entry per person. Please be sure to read all of the rules carefully. It may not be possible to screen all entries.
To be announced
- We can currently only accept movie formats which can be played by Windows Media Player 12. Click here for technical details.
- Stop motion films must be a minimum of 5 frames per second.
- You must use only LEGO® products in your films. No clone or other brick brands. CG films should be based on LEGO® products.
- You may modify your photos and add subtitles.
- Your film should have audio and/or music. Please note that copyrighted music may be removed if your entry is shared on our website or official Youtube channel to avoid copyright claims.
- All films must be child-friendly. Any films considered offensive, including those that contain nudity, racism, or excess gore or violence will not be accepted. Films that lack content will also not be accepted.
- Films with poor image quality may be rejected.
- You may enter your film in this event even if you are unable to attend Japan Brickfest 2019.
- We are unable to accept any entries submitted outside of the entry period.
- Submitted films should not be available anywhere else, including Youtube, until after Japan Brickfest 2019.
- We reserve the right to screen your video for promotional purposes, including on this website and our official Youtube channel. Artists retain all other rights to their works.
- Rules and details are subject to change.